Thursday, August 14, 2008

when i was young;

in primary sch,
i remember watching my classmate in the canteen, during recess or lunch, and thinking how i wished i did that too.
he would always order his food, go to a table with his friends
and just b4 he takes his first bite,
he will bow his head,
hands clasped together,
and muttered a silent thanksgiving prayer.
(something that we often know as 'saying Grace')

now back then,
no one else did this but him.
not even myself, when i knew i should have done so- seeing as i was a christian.
but i never had the courage.
i was afraid my friends would think me weird, or sometimes i simply forgot.
and i did not give my thanks b4 every meal for quite a while..
until this image of my classmate with his eyes closed, thanking the Almighty Father that he had another meal to partake entered my mind.

so to this day,
just b4 i take my first bite,
i will remember this classmate and
i will bow my head,
hands clasped together,
and mutter a silent thanksgiving prayer.


he motivated me.
he's the kind of example i wanna be.

No comments: