Tuesday, June 09, 2009

You know,

when I was a little girl, I didn't get it.

Once, my parent's friends came over to over house for a visit and I'd just come back from PE class and was all dirty with mud and when the friends saw me, they actually went: 'What a pretty girl!'
I was confused and so I ran into my room and stood at the mirror, analyzing myself.
I looked at my face, my nose my eyes my lips and I tilted my head to see if I was indeed pretty. I remember looking into the mirror and then thinking 'How do you define pretty?' 
I squinted my eyes here and there and looked at my PE clothes. I wasn't pretty, not in that too-loose attire. I was skinny. Hm. I looked back at my face again. My bangs were too short and my eyes a little too big.. I saw some eye bags and well, I didn't think I was pretty. 
I then remember myself going 'Maybe I'm pretty like they said, even if I don't see it.'

But now looking back at that peculiar memory, I realize that people can say pretty much anything.. just because.
Yes, just because.
Just because it sounds nice.
Just because it's only polite to say it.
Just because they want you to be happy.

Just because. 

I think my parent's friend said that comment last time just because it was the right thing to say as my parents invited them to our house. 
See how easy peoples' words flow out of their mouths? 
It's so easy.. too easy sometimes. That makes you really wonder if the words mean anything at all.
Sometimes we make empty promises, sometimes we says things to make things look big, sometimes we say one thing and do another. After all, words are free, aren't they?

I've come to realize, after 17 years of maturing and exploring, that words aren't all that. 
Not us human words, anyway.

But I know that there is One word we can always rely on, we can always trust in. Those words aren't empty promises, they come true, just like He said they would. Those words aren't for talking big, because nothing is impossible for Him. Those words, when said, you can always expect and know that you wouldn't be disappointed. 
So when the One who says these words says: 'Don't be in a hurry. In due time, in due time.'
I stop, ponder and listen.   

How true, I subconsciously go for the end product and I rush through the process that I miss out certain important things. I just want to get the part where His vision has led me to. But hearing those words, I lean back and start to trust Him that really in due time, in due time- it will come to pass. 

After 17 years of maturing and exploring, I know that it will come to pass. :)

The only question is, when? Okay okay, don't hurry. I won't hurry. Nope. Nobody's hurrying. I'm cool. I'm cool. 

-


-


-


*whispers* When ah?

No comments: